In short we boost the profitability of private companies. Often times, this work leads to us being engaged to assist the owner transition or exit the business – such as a private equity buyout or a trade sale or a succession.
For instance, we recently turned around the performance of a distressed scientific services company (liquidation value circa $2m) and in just over 2 years sold the business for $11.5m to a listed European group.
We only undertake an engagement where the value we create is 3 (to 10) times the price we charge you.
These 5 categories, summarise the ‘traps’ our customers find themselves in:
- Fighting for Survival
- Cannot Scale the Business
- Poor Decision Making
- Unclear Vision or Strategy
- No Viable Exit Plan
Our success rate in getting businesses “unstuck” is due in part to:
- We sort the People side of things out up front. Ensuring square pegs are in square holes.
- We don’t use trendy one size fits all consulting methodologies; instead straightforward problem-solving techniques with solutions specific to the business problem.
- We empower employees (at all levels) to behave more like owners than employees.
- Our breadth and depth of skills in specific functions. On our team are specialists in investment banking, forensic accounting, process improvement, HR, strategy and performance measurement.
- Every project is on a fixed-price, up-front basis – there are no surprises.
- Value-add 3 to 10 times the project cost
- Double your current free cash flows
- Increase profitability 2-3 times avg industry margins
- Increase earnings multiple and valuation relative to your industry
- Engage all stakeholders in the journey of growing your Company